Nepal Mountain Biking
CYCLING IN THE HIMALAYAS
Sandwiched between the two most popular countries of the world, China and India, Nepal has one of the most mountainous areas in the world.
The best way to explore the Kathmandu Valley and around, is on a mountain bike or cycling. Nepal’s diverse terrain is a mountain bikers dream adventure come true. Nepal Mountain biking offers an environmentally sound way of exploring this magnificent Himalayan country, its landscape and living heritage.
There are plenty of drift roads and trails in Nepal to meet every mountain biker's wildest fantasy. Mountain biking is a fascinating way to travel the byways of the valley, visiting little known villages, sacred groves and out of the way temples and monuments.
- Cyclists may go out for just the day or may spend two or three days, staying at the science view spots of Dhulikhel, Nagarkot or Daman.
- Longer tours go from Kathmandu all the way to the southern Terai regions, Pokhara, Ganesh Himal region or Chitwan National Park.
- Groups with experienced bikers can go to Lanatang Valley or Throng-La or even fly up to Lhasa, Tibet and mountain bike all the way back to Kathmandu.
WHAT MORE IS IN OFFER?
We can stay at some best lookouts for viewing the mighty Himalayas from Dhulagiri in the west to Everest in the east, so you won't be missing what is arguably the world's finest mountain scenery. In addition, the valley is also the historic center of Nepal, the place where kingdom's rose and fell, palaces and temples were built and rebuilt and Nepalese art and culture were developed and refined.
MOUNTAIN BIKE TOUR
- A combination of superb dirt trails and single track connect the abundance of temples, monasteries and places making it a fascinating place to cycle.
- These are fun and can still be a challenging trip from 1 to over 14 or 21 days that are suitable to most.
- Earthbound Expeditions can cater for cyclists of nearly all-riding standards.
- CASUAL: recreational cyclists, no real mountain biking (MTB) or off- road experience but having general bike skills and enjoys cycling.
- INTERMEDIATE: MTB/ or road cycling experience with some skills developed and enjoys off-road trails.
- INTERMEDIATE PLUS: good riding skills with off-road experience and enjoys some challenging trails.
- ADVANCED: Regular MTB seeking tough / challenging single track.
All Nepal Mountain Biking Packages
This rare opportunity allows you to say you Mountain biked in the heart of the Annapurna Ranges deep in the Himalayas over a total of 10 or 18- days as there is the choice of completing a full of half circuit of the Annapurnas for biking, one of th best don hill rides in the world.View More
CYCLING IN THE HIMALAYAS Sandwiched between the two most popular countries of the world, China and India, Nepal has one of the most mountainous areas in the world. The best way to explore the Kathmandu Valley and around, is on a mountain bike or cycling. Nepal’s diverse terrain is a mountain bikers dream adventure come […]View More