DELHI-AGRA-TAJ MAHAL- JAIPUR –PUSHKAR-UDAIPUR-RANAKPUR
HOLI FESTIVAL TIMELINE – February 26 – March 8, 2015
Holi celebration takes place with lots of joy and verve throughout the country. The Holi celebration has its celebrative origins in India, particularly with dance, food, music and lots of colors. The enthusiasm of the people reaches its peak and matches with the nature which is in full bounty at the time of Holi.
Ideally, the joyous festival of Holi is meant to celebrate the arrival of “Spring” while the colors used in Holi are to reflect of the various hues of spring season.
Holika Dahan or the lighting of bonfire takes place on the eve of Holi. The day is also popularly called ‘Chhoti Holi’ or the ‘Small Holi’.
The bigger event – play with the color takes place on the next ‘big’ day.
It is an extremely popular tradition and is celebrated with fervor all across the country and is symbolic of triumph of good over evil. There are numerous legends associated with this ancient tradition and it is difficult to pin-point as to when actually the tradition started.
Trip Details & Facts
• Please read lonely planet and other travel books well before traveling, so that you are well informed about the culture and customs.
• Although we make our best efforts to serve you, still don't expect any luxurious services.
• The roads, hotels etc, are not of western standards, as you would find in Europe or America.
• Please be informed and prepare.
On the APPLICATION FORM where they ask for a reference person or address in India please put:
HOTEL GULNAR 7A/45,
CHANNA MARKET KAROL BAGH
Tel: +91-11-47243737, 65353737
FLIGHT DETAILS AND AIRPORT PICK-UPS
• Please include your arrival and departure info
Date: ------ Time: -------- Airline: --------- Flight #:---------------
• For airport pickup please meet our driver, holding an Earthbound Expeditions placard inside the international terminal. Please be patient because there might be other tour members still passing through customs. If you wish to tip the driver after arriving at the hotel you can give a couple of dollars.
Please note down the name, email and phone number, for your India contact person.
Mr. Santosh Gupta
Email - email@example.com
Tel: +91-9910355477 or 9810785965
• In case of flight delays or other complications please call or email him and coordinate.
• Please carry a copy of your passport along with your Indian visa, upon arrival so that we can make various copies to be handed over to hotels for check INS.
• Please note that if you are flying from Udaipur to Delhi there is a limit of 15Kgs free baggage allowance (as check- in)
POINTERS REGARDING HOLI FESTIVAL
• This is a special trip we prepared for you, to enjoy the colorful Rajasthan.
• It will be fun and a good experience.
• Always be careful about your belongings/money, passport etc.
• The tour guides are there to take care of you and explain the things, please listen to them.
• There will be lots of vendors trying to sell stuffs to your, in every place you go.
The Festival is fun but we warn that there is absolutely no way you should venture outside of the hotel vicinity, during the morning hours of Holi (unless you ask the guide).
Some of the dangers outside of the hotels may include drunken men groping tourists, chemical paint spray guns (instead of the safe dyes provided) and literal mobs of people who wouldn’t be able to contain their excitement if they saw a Westerner… so be safe and play well and enjoy!!
Tipping is customary in India. If you are satisfied with the services of your guide and driver please feel free to offer a tip at the end of the tour. The typical tip would be about $8 - $18 USD daily which can be given to the guide who will distribute appropriately.
The weather in Mid March should be warm but in the early mornings, you might require a light sweater or shawl.
• Please always read our regular update mails before the tour.
• To get a first-hand consumer opinion, please browse through our Testimonials pages or check out trip advisors.
• If you want to extend your trip to Nepal, Bhutan, Vietnam, we can assist you in this regard too
• We also have tour of the major Buddhist important sights (Buddhist circuit tour in Nepal and India - Lumbini - Boudhagaya- Kushinagar- Sarnath, Ajanta and Elora caves)