LATE KING MAHENDRA OF NEPAL DESCRIBED RARA LAKE AS THE “ QUEEN Of LAKES”
Rara lake Trek of Nepal :
Rara National Park, Nepal’s smallest and most scenic national park that spreads over an area of 106 square kilometer, is situated about 370 kilometers north- west of Kathmandu and lies in Mugu, a mountainous district of the western region of Nepal. The undisturbed and the largest lake in Nepal is also renowned as Mahendra Tal.
The National Park ascends from 1800 m to 4480 m forested by conifers. The pivotal of Rara National Park is the pristine Rara Lake, which stands at the height of 2990 m. and spreads over 10.8 square kilometers.
Chuchemara Dauda at the elevation of 4087meters is the best vantage point to get the magnificent views of the deep blue clear lake and highly forested hillside as well as the snow-capped peaks around it. The clear, high altitude lake of Rara mirrors the snow capped Himalayas which is ringed with pine, spruce and juniper forest.
More than 500 different kinds of flowers and herbs including Rhododendrons, Black Juniper, Oak, West Himalayan Spruce and Himalayan Cypress are found in this park. It is home to 20 different species of mammals and 214 species of birds.
During winters you will be able to witness the migratory birds from various regions around the world and during summers the Himalayan flowers surround the lake creating a vibrant landscape.
• Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport. • Check into a Hotel. . Trip Briefing
• Breakfast at the hotel. • After breakfast, visit Pashupatinath temple which is one of the most sacred Hindu shrine in the World along with the holy river Bagmati and the burning ghats. • Visit one of the oldest and biggest stupa of Boudhanath. • After lunch, drive to the airport to catch a flight to Nepalgunj.
• Drive to the airport to catch a flight to Talcha. • Arrive at Talcha. • Hike (trek) to Rara National Park. • Day 4 Explore Rara Lake Boating in Rara Lake for (1) one hour. • Camp out for the night.
Explore Rara lake and the surrounding area for the whole day. Be with the nature for the day.
• Hike from Rara Talcha Airport. • Fly to Nepalgunj and then get a connecting flight to Kathmandu. • Arrive in Kathmandu. • Check into a hotel. • Visit Patan also referred to as Lalitpur.
Transfer to airport for final departure. End of services The price is based on Min. 2 person in the team and staying in simple tea house / home stay, for full service camping trek the price will go up
A trip to Nepal Himalaya and beyond is adventurous and thrilling due to its…
We take you under our wing once you have decided to travel with us,…
Beside travel and trekking business Earthbound Expeditions also believe in our responsibility towards our…
Authenticity runs deeps in our company, a very important reason why we like to…
Planning a holiday can be stressful, especially in regards to time and money. Hence,…
Our team members comprise of long-term, experienced individuals who are often born and lived…
All of our listed package itineraries are tried and tested for suitability. Our past…
The company has excelled in providing services to its clients from around the world…
• Aware of the beauty of the pristine Rara Lake and keeping in account the importance of the National Park, regular flights are operated to Mugu District to the only existing Talcha Airport from where it is a few hours walk to the National Park. • It is (2) two days trek to the National park• The Rara lake short itinerary we suggest here is, assuming that the flight is on time and the weather is good. • The trek is based on simple home stay style trek. • Allow 2 or 3 days extra in case your flight get cancelled or delayed
An Award-wining responsible Travel company tha has been recently featured in