The booking “Terms and Conditions” contains important information’s. It is essential that you read them carefully and understand them.
It constitutes a legally binding contract between Earthbound Expeditions and their clients, for the services provided by Earthbound Expeditions and it is set out on the basis of your legal relationship with Earthbound Expeditions.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
- Space is limited for 4 to 16 people in a group, except for Student’s trips and Indian Pilgrimage participants.
- To reserve a space for a trip, submit the application form with a deposit of 30 % of the total trip amount, per person.
- Initially, you will be sent an immediate confirmation, medical information and other pre-departure information’s.
- The balance of the tour cost must be paid in the form of travelers’ cheque, money order or equivalent and is due 3 weeks before the departure date.
- For Credit Card payment, we only accept Visa or MasterCard and an extra 4 % levy will be added for the card processing fee.
- If you book your trip less than 3 weeks before the departure date, full payment must be received before the booking can be accepted.
- Once you have paid the advance and confirmed your trip, you are fully obliged to receive the “mentioned”, “negotiated” services.
The “mentioned” “negotiated” services shall be received by an e-mail.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
|NUMBER OF DAYS [BEFORE DEPARTURE] ||CANCELLATIONS |
|70 days or more ||Full Refund |
|65 – 50 days ||10% |
|45 – 35 days ||25% |
|30 – 15 days ||60% |
|10 days ||90% |
|Less than 9 days or no show ||No Refund |
- If you must cancel your reservation, you must notify us in writing or by fax. We will calculate your refund on the day we receive a written cancellation E-MAIL.
- We do not make refunds for any unused portion of your trip, such as unused hotel rooms, meals or trek arrangements, for any reason whatsoever.
- Once you have paid the advance and you have not seen able to consume the services due to some unforeseen circumstances, we do not let the advance payment be lapsed.
- We keep it preserved for your next trip which will not be longer than one year (it is non transferable) and it will be lapsed after a year.
- No work out is done to return the advance payment, unless the payer agrees to bear all the bank charges as per the Nepal Govt., Central Bank rules and regulations.
EARTHBOUND EXPEDITIONS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL TRIPS
We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to low sign-up (although we can run the trip for even one (1) person in many cases), which makes the trip economically unfeasible for us to operate. In such a case, a full refund is given.
Earthbound Expeditions is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparing for the trip, i.e. equipment, medical or visa fees.
The itinerary can change without notice due to unavoidable circumstances, which is beyond our control such as political unrest, natural calamities and charges in the itinerary by the Chinese / Bhutanese / Indian / Nepalese authorities etc.
- In Nepal no medical / travel insurance is made for foreigners so everyone should be insured wholly, in their own home country.
- In case of accidents, Earthbound Expeditions is always ready to extend the necessary rescue services or fetch medical team up to the incident spot at the earliest possible, but all the extra expenses is to be beard by the person him / herself.
- Any document that should be produced for further insurance claim and compensation, Earthbound Expeditions will try and make available each and every possible document.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all clients, undertaking any tour. It should provide adequate protection for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, air ambulance and adequate cover for baggage.
If any discriminative activities such as Religious, Cultural, Economical, Political, Social etc. are carried out, the local government administration may prevent you from initiating the trip further, for which Earthbound Expeditions doesn’t hold any responsibility.
ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS
• Guide’s or Sherpa’s or any local people suggestions-about the condition of weather or condition of the trail or anything else, to which many think advisable, must be paid heed to.
Ignorance of such suggestions may harm you or your health for which, no other will take the responsibilities.
PASSPORT AND VISAS
- All of our clients must have a valid passport with at least (6) six months validity from the return date.
- Nepalese visas can be obtained from the Nepalese Consulate in your country or after your arrival in Kathmandu Airport (TIA). Nepalese visas costs are the sole responsibility of the client.
- In certain countries like Tibet and Bhutan, the Govt. have the right to grant or reject the visa, close the boarder incase of failure to get the visa or enter the border ,over which we have no control.
Please see and inquire about the visa fee details for each country, you decide on visiting.
HEALTH AND FITNESS
- Nepal tours and treks require a certain level of fitness, therefore you should always check with your local GP regarding your health and fitness before you travel.
- It’s the client’s responsibility to notify Earthbound Expeditions of any pre-existing medical conditions and disabilities, which might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of your health.
- You need to seek the required medical attention before the trip that may affect your ability to travel.
A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of (16) sixteen. If you have a question regarding the age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
You agree that Earthbound Expeditions may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only, through whatever medium it chooses.
CHANGES TO YOUR HOLIDAYS AND PRICINGS
- In Asia and the Himalayas, OUR CLIENTS ATTITUDES specifically requires a degree of flexibility, good humor and an understanding that modes of transport, accommodation and itineraries may change, even after the tour has commenced, without prior notice due to local circumstances such as flight delay, cancellation or postponement, due to notorious weather in the Himalayan regions or other unpredictable circumstances such as land-slides, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest or delayed arrival etc.
- Earthbound Expeditions is unable to refund any monies under the above circumstances due to prior supplier arrangements. If possible we will always endeavor to provide you with an alternative or substitute a trip of the same category.
- Earthbound Expeditions does not accept any responsibility for loss on employment, delays or compensations resulting from situations beyond our control.
- Our holidays, tour / trek packages, are based on twin share accommodation. Thus, single room supplement charge will be imposed to clients who do not have another tour participant to share accommodation with.
- We reserve the right to revise the pricing rates posted in our marketing material, under any circumstances, or on the pressure of various external factors that are further than our control, for instance changes in exchange rate, flight fares, government action etc.
In order to collect information from you to make a booking through Earthbound Expeditions, we ask many questions to obtain the necessary permits etc. No private or personal information that you provide to us when making a booking will be disclosed for any other purposes.
RISK AND LIABILITIES
We are committed to providing our clients with the best services which will give you a once in a life time journey in this association. We perform our duties honestly and seriously to make your journey very smooth and pleasant. However, the entire programs in Nepal are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of their own policies.
Therefore, Earthbound Expeditions and its related organizations shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstance such as govt. restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident.
Any extra cost incurring because of these situations, shall be borne by the client on the spot.
OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM POLICY
Earthbound Expeditions are re-inventing tourism for the benefit of local people, tourists, environment and the tourism industry at large. We ask that you read our Responsible Travel and Ethnic Tourism policy in detail before you book your holidays with us, as we expect that you will adhere to our policies and guidelines while traveling with us.
Should you have a complaint about the trip or tour you must make it known to the tour leader or the guide at the earliest opportunity, as they will initiate the appropriate actions as soon as possible.