Vietnam, formally the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, is the easternmost country on the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia.
• Arrive at Tan Son Nhat International Airport. • Received and assisted. • Transfer to check in to a hotel (early check-in is subject to hotel’s availability). • Leisure day. • Enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. • Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
• Depart to visit the Reunification Palace. • Continue to the War Remains Museum, where you can learn a lot about the Vietnam War. • Lunch served with Vietnamese delicacies. AFTERNOON • Visit Jade Emperor Temple. • Visit Ben Thanh market. • Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
• Depart to Ho Chi Minh City. • Drive through the Mekong Delta. • My Tho - take a boat to the island with orchard gardens. • Take a horse-drawn cart to Quoi Son to visit a bee farm and enjoy tea and candies. • Float on a sampan through the narrow, tree-lined canals of the Mekong Delta. • Continue by boat to a family-run enterprise making coconut candy. LUNCH • Return by boat to My Tho and visit Vinh Trang pagoda, if time permits. • Return to Ho Chi Minh City by late afternoon. • Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
• MORNING EXCURSION - to the Cao Dai Temple in Tay Ninh. • Visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels. • Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City, late in the afternoon. • Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Danang. • Road drive to Hoi An. • Overnight in Hoi An.
• Visit the Chinese Assembly Halls, the family old houses, Japanese Bridge and Hoi An Market. AFTERNOON • Take a boat and visit the handicraft villages, specializing in ceramics and boat-building yards. • Relax at Cua Dai Beach for the day. • Overnight in Hoi An.
• Leisure for shopping or beach break. • Witness the ancient town sparkled by the lantern lights at night. • Overnight in Hoi An.
• Proceed by road from Hoi An to Hue City through emerald-green paddy fields. • Stop en route to take photos at the summit of Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach. • Drive to visit Hue Citadel including the Imperial City and Forbiden City with a complex of palaces, ornate halls, libraries, residences and colleges. Overnight in Hue City.
• Morning boat cruise on the romantic Perfume River for a visit to Thien Mu Pagoda. • Continue the boat trip to visit Minh Mang Tomb. • Drive to visit Tu Duc Tomb, Khai Dinh Tomb and Hue Kite Club to learn the techniques involved in making a kite.
• Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Hanoi. EVENING • Enjoy the water puppet show whose origins date back over a thousand years. • Overnight in Hanoi.
• Take a short drive to visit Ho Chi Minh Complex containing the Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh’s former home, One-Pillar Pagoda followed by the Temple of Literature and Hoan Kiem Lake. AFTERNOON • Drive to visit the Ethnology Museum and 1-hour “cyclo” ride around the 36 streets in the old quarter of Hanoi. • Overnight in Hanoi.
• Drive 170kilometers to Vietnam’s most spectacular natural wonder, Halong Bay – UNESCO Heritage site. • Board a refurbished wooden sailing junk for a cruise through the limestone cliffs and emerald waters of Halong Bay. • Drop anchor for the night near a remote island. • Overnight on the junk.
• Spend half-day cruising through new waters, stopping to visit colorful grottoes and swim near the deserted beaches. • In the late afternoon, return to Hanoi. • En route - visit Phu Lang or Dong Trieu ceramic village. • Overnight in Hanoi.
• Depart for Hoa Lu – the former capital of ancient Vietnam. • Take a sampan ride through the karts landscape to visit Tam Coc Grottos. • Leave the sampans and visit a small temple, built in the 13th century, called Thai Vy. • Lunch is served at Thai Vy Temple. • Next stop is Hoa Lu, which was the capital of the Dinh and Early Le dynasties in Vietnam in the 10th and 11th century. • In the afternoon, drive back to Ha Noi. • Overnight in Ha Noi
• Leisure. • Transfer to Noi Bai Airport to board the flight back home.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox