Altitude Chart (mtr)
Revel in a once in a lifetime spiritual journey to the most famous religious sites in Tibet embracing two of the sacred pilgrimage places for disciples of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and the Bon religion, holy Mount Kailash and Mansarovar lake.
Mount Kailash (6,638 m), prevalent to Hindus as Kailash Parvat, is the most sacred Himalaya of Asia that carries holy and religious importance. Hindus believe the Parvat is the abode of Lord Shiva. Not only for Hindus, but the peak is also divine to Buddhist, Jain and Bonpo religions as well. Spread out on the Tibetan plateau alongside Mount Kailash and connected to nearby Lake Rakshastal by the natural Ganga Chhu channel, is the giant lake of shifting colors – Lake Mansarovar. A pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and a holy bath in the Mansarovar is believed to bring salvation (Moksha) and wipe away all the sins acquired during a journey of life.
The spiritual tour to such glorious sites; Kailash and Mansarovar goes through varies trails. We pass via Kerung to crossing over China border. The trek to Mt. Kailash is challenging, and even more, difficulties come when you circumambulate the peak of the mountain. Therefore, don’t forget to prepare yourself correctly, both mentally and physically, before joining the journey. However, whoever feels complications doing a parikrama, there is a possibility of hiring a yak or horse.
Beside Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar, Tirthapuri, Gauri Kund – the lake of compassion, Yam Dwar – the initial point of Mt. Kailash parikrama, Asthapad – the bottom of the consecrated mountain and Tarboche – the flagpole are the major highlights of this journey.
- Day 1 : Fly to Kathmandu (1300m)
- Day 2 : Darshan of Pashupatinath Temple & Sleeping Vishnu at Budhanilkantha.
- Day 3 : Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (122km/9hrs).
- Day 4 : Drive from Syabrubesi to Timure (1hr), Cross over China border and
proceed to Kerung (26km/1 ½ hrs).
- Day 5 : Drive to Saga (4600m)
- Day 6 : Spend the day at Saga for acclimatization.
- Day 7 : Drive to Lake Manasarovar (4650m) with the Parikarma of the Lake
- Day 8 : AM: Stay at Lake Manasarovar for Puja & Havan (4600m), PM: Drive to
Darchen (40km/ 1 ½ hrs).
- Day 9 : Drive to Trek starting point. Trek to Dirapuk (4860m).
- Day 10 : Trek to Zhuthulpuk (4760m/18km).
- Day 11 : End Kailash Kora. Drive to Saga (4600m).
- Day 12 : Drive to Kerung and exit to Syabrubesi.
- Day 13 : Return to Kathmandu.
- Day 14 : Final Departure