Altitude Chart (mtr)
The Manaslu circuit trek is an underappreciated trek located in the remote western region of Nepal. The trek revolves around the Manaslu Mountain (8163m) which means “Spirit Mountain.” Like its name, the trek provides the opportunity to trekkers for a spiritual awakening by witnessing the cultural heritage, unrivaled beauty, and extreme wilderness.
Unlike its sister treks Annapurna and Everest, the Manaslu Circuit trek is less crowded which makes the visit more appealing. This trek offers the experience similar to Annapurna a decade ago. The trail takes you through the roaring turquoise Budi Gandaki River, from Arughat to the apex point of the trek Larkya Pass.
En route, you’ll witness precarious bridges and stunning mountain views. As you ascent upwards, the landscape quickly transforms from the green countryside and lush green forests to unusual rocky terrains and crystalline glaciers.
The trek provides you a glimpse into the Tibetan influenced culture, terrific sceneries of ice peaks like Manaslu, Himchuli, Himlung and Larke peak. Trekkers get to enjoy the fantastic local food and culture which gives them an insight into village life.
A tranquil environment, adventure, romance and value for money makes the Manaslu circuit trek one of the best.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Day 2 : Sightseeing tour
- Day 3 : Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazar
- Day 4 : Solti Khola to MacchaKhola
- Day 5 : Head towards Jagat
- Day 6 : Trek to Nyak or Dyang
- Day 7 : Trek to Ghap
- Day 8 : Camp at Lho village
- Day 9 : Trek to Samgeon
- Day 10 : Trek to Somdu
- Day 11 : Acclimatisation day at Somdu
- Day 12 : Trek to Duwang
- Day 13 : Cross the Larkya La pass and descend to Bimthang
- Day 14 : Descend to Tilje Village
- Day 15 : From Tilije to Kathmandu.
- Day 16 : Transfer to Airport