Sri- Lanka, also known as Ceylon sometime ago, is, without any doubt, one of the most scenic places on the planet, and well worth visiting. It’s world-renowned for thick, tropical jungles, its tea garden, elephant orphanage, perfect beaches and a full calendar of colorful festivals. Home to many spiritual meccas, sacred Buddhist temples, bustling cities full of culture and sprawling landscapes of mountainous jungle, Sri Lanka is quickly becoming a must-see destination for travelers looking for life-fulfilling experiences.
As a Buddhist country, Sri-lanka has many ancient Buddhist sites that include Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Panduwasnuwara, and Yapahuwa. All these places contain the remains of a great civilization which grew for centuries under the influence of Buddhism, a gentle faith still preserved in Sri Lanka in its purest form.
Immerse yourself in the color and culture of Sri Lanka with this incredible ten days guided tour. Spend nine nights in highly rated accommodation as you journey through the beautiful country. Enjoy daily buffet breakfast before spending your days visiting ancient sites and stunning natural landscapes. Arriving in Colombo, be greeted and transferred to your hotel by an expert English speaking guide. Travel the country in style and comfort in an air-conditioned luxury van. Get close to nature and its spectacular creatures with a jeep safari in Yala National Park. Visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage to view the feeding and bathing of the elephants, and take a majestic ambling elephant ride in Habarana. See UNESCO World Heritage sites including Dambulla Cave Temple and Galle Fort. Experience a cultural show in Kandy and the pristine waterfalls of Nuwara Eliva. With all national park and sightseeing entrance fees included, as well as many more fascinating visits and experiences, this award-winning tour will leave you full of precious memories and inspiration.
By the time you finish the tour of Sri Lanka, you will wish for a more extended stay. The incredible cultural and natural experience that you get in Sri Lanka is so luring that you don’t want to go away from it. But what you get in ten days in Sri Lanka will make your life more beautiful, more meaningful and you live a happier life.
Join this enchanting tour in the magical island of Sri Lanka and get a lifetime experience.
You can combine Sri-lanka tour with Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan or Even India. You can travel 2 or 3 countries in one go, write us what you would like to do and we will be happy to help.
• Arrive at the Bandaranaike International airport, Katunayake. • Received and assisted on arrival and transferred to Colombo - 30kilometers – approximately (1) one hour drive. • On arrival, check in at the hotel. AFTERNOON • Sightseeing tour in Colombo. • Stay at a hotel in Colombo.
BREAKFAST • Leave for Anuradhapura - 206 kilometers, approximately (5) five hours drive. • On arrival in Anuradhapura, check in at the hotel. • Visit the sacred ancient city founded in the 04th century B.C [UNESCO World Heritage site since 1982] • Overnight stay at a hotel in Anuradhapura
• Leave for Mihintale - 12 kilometers – approximately ½ hour’s drive. • Visit the ancient remains of Mihintale, a sacred place which is regarded as the cradle of Buddhism in Sri Lanka. • Proceed to Aukana - 59 kilometers, approximately 1 ½ hour’s drive. • Leave for Habarana, a small village with excellent hotel accommodations, a central location for all the ancient city sites - 55kilometers – approximately 1½ hours drive. • Overnight stay at a hotel in Habarana
• Leave for Sigiriya - 25 kilometers – approximately ½ hour’s drive. • Climb the Rock Fortress (UNESCO World Heritage site) • Leave for Polonnaruwa - 67 kilometers, approximately 1½ hour’s drive. (UNESCO World Heritage Site) • Overnight stay at a hotel in Habarana.
• Leave for Dambulla - 25 kilometers, approximately ½ hour’s drive. • Visit the famous Golden Rock cave temple. (UNESCO World Heritage Centre) • Leave for Kandy - 72 kilometers – approximately (3) three hours drive. • En route visit a Spice garden in Matale. • On arrival in Kandy, check in at the hotel. • EVENING -Visit the sacred Temple of Tooth Relic. • WITNESS- the Kandyan Cultural show at the Kandyan Arts and Cultural Centre. • Overnight stay at a hotel in Kandy.
• Leave for Pinnawela and visit the Elephant orphanage - 50 kilometers, (2) two hours drive. • Leave for Nuwara Eliya - 130kilometers, approximately 4 ½ hour’s drive. • En route visit the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens. • Overnight stay at a hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
• Proceed to Yala - 197 kilometers, approximately 4 ½ drive. • En route visit Rawana Waterfalls. • On arrival in Yala, check in at the hotel. • AFTERNOON- commence a jeep safari in the Yala National Park by private jeep accompanied by a tracker. • Overnight stay at a hotel in Yala
• Leave for Bentota. • Overnight stay at a hotel in Bentota.
DISTANCE - 96 kilometers, 2 ½ hour’s drive.
A trip to Nepal Himalaya and beyond is adventurous and thrilling due to its…
We take you under our wing once you have decided to travel with us,…
Beside travel and trekking business Earthbound Expeditions also believe in our responsibility towards our…
Authenticity runs deeps in our company, a very important reason why we like to…
Planning a holiday can be stressful, especially in regards to time and money. Hence,…
Our team members comprise of long-term, experienced individuals who are often born and lived…
All of our listed package itineraries are tried and tested for suitability. Our past…
The company has excelled in providing services to its clients from around the world…
An Award-wining responsible Travel company tha has been recently featured in